THE PAKISTAN MISSION: SIXTY THREE YEARS OF GRACE

History

It was in the year 1958, that The Dominican Sisters of Our Lady of the Rosary decided to open a school within the princely state of Bahawalpur. This school was named Dominican Convent School, and since then is one of the leading schools of Bahawalpur. Initially, Father Bertrand Boland served as the principal and later upon the arrival of the Sisters in October 1958; Sr. Purissima took over the pivotal charge of leading the school.

Although it began as a middle school but within a timespan of merely two years, it was upgraded as a secondary school, it embarked on holding Cambridge classes in 2000, and became higher secondary in 2003.

With every passing year, the school went through myriad constructional changes to accommodate an ever growing number of enrollees. Dominican Convent School started with fewer than 70 students in primary grade, today more than 1350 girls and boys both Muslims and Christians are enrolled in classes from primary to 12 grade.

Sr. Sheila Mullins and Students

Sr. Regina Michael and Teachers

Significance of the School crest:

The school crest contains a flaming torch held up to symbolize school's motto VERITAS. This light is associated with bright life, insight, clarity and truth.

Homage to the leading ladies:

To honour their untiring efforts in promoting quality education in Pakistan, each area in the school, honors missionary sisters, Sr. Lydia Monahan O.P., Sr. Sue Wojciechowski and Sr. Suzanne Dolan O.P., and the present principal Sr. Anna Bakhshi, who has given many years of dedicated service to Bahawalpur.

Boys Branch

Born of the vision of Sr. Anna Bakhshi O.P. another branch was constructed in response to a need for boys' education separate from all-girls Dominican Convent Higher Secondary School.